Friday, April 25, 2014

Music Video: Game of Thrones Theme



Lindsey Stirling and Peter Hollens get a little help from Mother Nature as they perform a cover of Game of Thrones. The pair combines stunning vocals and violin with panoramic backdrops of lush vegetation to add flair to 140 tracks.  And do you hear those drums? That’s Hollens’ unorthodox beat-boxing.

I like the chess symbolism, given how much the books and television show hinge on court politics and deception. All told, it’s a great video and lovely cover of the HBO theme song.
"After making my orchestral version of the theme, "Misty Mountains," from the movie, the Hobbit, I wanted to try my hand at yet another orchestral cover. When I heard that the Game of Thrones Season 3 was to going to be aired at the end of March, I decided that a cover of the theme song had to be done!

Once again, I enlisted the help of my awesome and talented friends from college to recreate the Game of Thrones theme song as a tribute to the series."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...